Sunday, July 21, 2019

UPSEAA lecture 2, DTI Sec. Mon Lopez

Last June 5, I attended the UP School of Economics Alumni Association (UPSEAA) lecture by DTI Secretary Ramon Lopez, or simply "Sec Mon" to many of us. It was held at the Unionbank's The Ark, Insular Life Bldg. in Ayala Avenue. Ms. Pearlie Lontoc of Unionbank and also a Board Member of UPSEAA welcomed the audience with an opening message.


Intro of Sec Mon was given by his former undergrad classmate, Maret Follosco. Meanwhile I was surprised of this "Ark" -- no tellers and tables, only chairs and sofa, this is a bank? Wow.


I didn't know many of the new initiatives of DTI now, I was glad I attended the lecture. I took photos of his slides but I accidentally deleted them. Anyway I mentioned portions of his lecture in my column last June 20, "More investment liberalization needed", https://www.bworldonline.com/more-investment-liberalization-needed/.


Recognition given UPSEAA President Jeffrey Ng (right) and VP Rey Regalado (left).


Last 3 on the right -- Robina Pe, Maret Follosco, and former UPSEAA President Jack Teotico.


UPSEAA Board Members, from left: Gigette de Luna, Pearlie Lontoc, Kiko Josef, RJ, (Sec Mon in the middle), Jeff Ng, Sally Magat, Verge Gepuela, Rey Regalado.


Beside me is another Past UPSEAA President Ernie Albano, then his wife Yolly, Sec Mon, Rey, Noel de Luna.



Thanks Sec Mon, Jeff, Unionbank, others. Good lecture.
Btway, Unionbank has many UPSE alumni as officers, they donated the Center for Monetary Economics at UPSE, a research institute. It was done nearly a decade ago during the time of another alumni Vic Valdepenas as Unionbank President.

See also: UPSEAA lecture 1, Robina Gokongwei-Pe, July 20, 2019.

No comments: