My former teacher at the UP School of Economics (UPSE), among my favorite and respected teachers in UP Diliman, Dr. Emmanuel "Noel" de Dios, wrote a paper "Anthropocene", https://www.bworldonline.com/anthropocene/ (Feb. 8, 2021).
I wrote a blog post criticizing portions of his paper,
Climate 95, Anthropocene, Extended La Nina, carbon tax.
I sent it to him and since we're friends, he replied to me and further expanded his belief on the Anthropocene hypothesis. Many people call it a theory (meaning, tested and proven hypothesis) but I don't believe that, it remains a hypothesis that can melt down with many actual world data. I replied back to him and got his permission to post and blog it. Here goes:
Feb. 12, 2021
More proof that the Anthropocene hypothesis is wrong.
1. Continuing improvement in human lives despite all the endless "crisis" narratives that we read and hear, see this summary from https://www.humanprogress.org/ylin/.
2. No major "extinction of species", an e xample is the Philippine tamaraw, water buffalo endemic in Mindoro island, believed to be "extinct" with zero trace since 1992 -- no sightings, no footprints, no manure, etc.
Tamaraw seen again
at Mindoro park
Philippine Daily Inquirer / 05:00 AM June 27, 2019
LAST RECORDED SIGHTING WAS IN 1992
Back from the
Dead: 5 ‘Extinct’ Animals That Were Not-So-Extinct When Rediscovered in 2019
By Staff Reporter Jan 04, 2020 07:33 AM EST
3. Human sustainability, humans keep improving food production capability. Having several billions people more in the planet can be fed even with same area of agri land. Top chart coarse grains yield per hectare, lower chart cereals yield per hectare. There is overall increase through time across many countries.https://www.humanprogress.org/datasets/
4. Nature, mining sustainability is also happening. See these big land area developed countries, their mining production is mostly in the positive territory than negative/contractionary territory.
5. Construction sustainability also happening. See cement production in tons of three big population Asian countries (Indonesia data not given).https://tradingeconomics.com/country-list/cement-production
More data available if one will dig them more. Bottomline -- we are far from that Anthropocene hypothesis, where human activities have significant, adverse impact on the planet's ecosystems and climate. Maybe when human population has reached 100 billion. But at 7.8 billion estimated 2021 population, still far out. Anthropocene hypothesis is driven by endless crisis and alarmism narratives, which are all lousy. And corrupt.
UK cold weather:
River Thames freezes over for first time in 60 years - PICTURED
By STEVEN BROWN 15:26, Fri, Feb 12, 2021
Climate change is
making extreme cold much less likely, despite the UK plummeting to -23°C
Simon Lee, University of Reading, February 12, 2021
Climate Tricks 93, Solar cycle and another attack on Willie Soon, May 11, 2020
Climate 94, Eat worms and bugs to save the planet, January 15, 2021
Climate 95, Anthropocene, Extended La Nina, carbon tax (Feb. 9, 2021.