Related to my BWorld article yesterday, Build-build-build is possible without new taxes, are the following articles and reports, all from BWorld.
1. Last week, an article by a friend Romy Bernardo. I disagree with his position of course. Hi Romy :-) http://bworldonline.com/bye-bye-build-build-build/
2. Related article from another friend, Karla Michelle Yu of AER. I disagree also with AER's "halleluiah tax-tax-tax Dutertah" position. http://bworldonline.com/angaras-train-deception/
3. Two weeks ago, this paper was well-shared and circulated because of the hard facts narrated by the author -- many foreign investors are taking the wait-see or abandon-PH stance. Mainly because of Du30. http://bworldonline.com/investors-shifting-sentiments/
4. No need for tax-tax-tax in this huge, multi-billion CALAX project. The private consortium has the money, eng'g expertise and other corporate network to finance, build and operate these big infra.
"The P35.43-billion CALAX project involves the construction of a 44.6-kilometer four-lane toll road between the Cavite Expressway (CAVITEx) in Kawit, Cavite and the SLEx-Mamplasan Interchange." http://bworldonline.com/calax-cavite-segment.../
5. Also theCavite-Tagaytay-Batangas Expway (CTBeX), 49 kms long, P22.4 B. http://bworldonline.com/dpwh-may-approve-ctbex-project.../
6. And the P18.7 B Kaliwa dam, zero need for tax-tax-tax as it will be an integrated PPP project but Du30 insists we should pay more taxes because we will pay more China loans. BBB (build-build-build) can also mean Beijing-borrowings-barkada ni Dutertah.
7. The Mactan-Cebu airport new passenger terminal is a PPP, Megawide contract, P17.5 B project cost. Bigger, construction period shorter, compared to ODA-funded Iloilo airport project. Zero need for tax-tax-tax to build this big, modern, passenger terminal.
The DOF and Dutertenomists are sad in this report, that they cannot confiscate more money from the pockets of citizens. They badly need hundreds of billions of new tax money per year on top of trillions of tax money, so there will be more economic central planning, more social engineering. After all, they are very bright people. http://bworldonline.com/tax-reform-legislation-hurdles.../
The tax-tax-tax policy will further sour the business sentiment here. Less money in the pockets of citizens, more money in the coffers of Du30, Alvarez, and thousands of their minions in the Executive and Legislative branches.
BWorld 142, PPP vs ODA, Part 3, August 08, 2017
BWorld 156, Integrated PPP vs hybrid PPP, October 04, 2017
BWorld 157, Build-build-build is possible without new taxes, October 09, 2017